Skip to main content

List of Punishments-- Garuda Purana

List of Punishments-- Garuda Purana

Garuda Purana

Wrong doings

Punishment given in Naraka

Thamisra

Stealing other's property including wife, children and belongings

Thrashing with the weapon, gada

Andhathamisra

Post marital cheating between husband and wife

Unconscious circulation in abyss

Rourava

Destroying, spiliting other's family and their belongings

Spanking the Life organs with trident by Yama kinkaras

Maharourava

Brutally destroying other's property and family for the sake of acquisition

A wild animal, Guru, tortures them in various forms

Kumbipaka

Destroying innocent lives for food

Roasting in hot oil tank by yama kinkaras

Kalasuthira

Torturing and putting elders & parents in starvation

Same set of treatment in hell

Asipathira

Abetting God and devolve from Dharma practises

Torture by evil spirits; results in fear

Panrimukha

Punishing innocent people and accomplice unlawful activiites

Grinding under the sharp teeth of an animal resembling pig

Anthakoopa

Torturing lives and inhumane activities

Biting by wild animals; wild run over by animals

Agnikunda

Snatching other's property by force, gaining undue advantage and unlawfully making best out of everything in the world

Roasting in agni kunda in inverted position with hands and legs ties under a stick

Vajrakandaka

Unchaste people in physical contact with unmatching people

Physical hugging with fire spitting idols

Krimibhojana

Selfish survival; eating other's work

Insects are left intruding the body

Sanmali

Unchaste relationships by kamukas

Thrashing with gada

Vaitharani

Using official stature to attain undue advantge, acting against dharma

Submerging in Vaitarna river where water is mixed with blood, urine and feces

Booyoga

Shameless behaviour, mixing with unchaste women & leading the life without any motive

Biting by poisonous insects and animals

Prayanyoga

Torturing lives and killing them

Spanking the Life organs with arrows by Yama kinkaras

Pasusava

All devatas are in cows; torturing those cows

Slashing by canes

Sarameyathana

Gutting houses, torturing lives, poisoning lives, involving in massacre

Torture by unknown wild animals

Aveesi

Giving false evidence

Submerging and torturing in livebodies

Paribathana

Drinking and making others drink alcohol

Drinking lava

Sharakarthama

Involving in bad activities and defaming elders and living with selfish motives

Torture the Life organs by unknown spirits

Rakshogana

Performing narametha yaga, eating non vegetarian dishes and torturing soft animals

The same victims torture the hecklers

Soolaproga

Killing innocent people, masterminding people, committing suicide and doing nambike droha [i.e., betraying(droha) a person's trust(nambike).]

Unknown birds peck and torture with shoola

Susimuga

Not doing any good, amassing wealth by wrong doings and stealing wealth

Stinging with nails and torturing with hunger and thirst

Kunthasootha

Not doing any good and always doing bad to others

Stinging by insects like scorpions

Vadaroga

Severely torturing living beings

Handcuffed and burnt in fire

Piravarthana

Defaming guests and not treating them

Torturing with hunger and thirst

Lalapakshuga

Torturing wife and involving her in unchaste relationships

Same set of treatment in hell

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Presence

All these days Your absence was painfully hurting me terribly But now your presence feels untamed & killing me horribly All days and nights every moment everywhere I used to feel your presence But now I want your absence forever As if you never existed And never knew you Lovers say love is over joyful But my joyfulness is over since I fell in love with you I want to delete you and your love chapter from my life forever And turn the dark clouds of my life to shiny And continue living joyous life all alone forever -Jairam Kshirasagar

I Love You So Deeply - Jairam Kshirasagar

My loving heart Every second of my life I love you a sextillion time I love you so deeply My loving heart If you bury me I will clasp the death I will leave this Universe My loving heart I have left the whole world For you, your love, your companionship My breaths arose from you and halt at you My love for you Is beyond your dreams, beyond your sally My loving heart My breaths arose from you and halt at you This Universe is worthless Without you, your love, your companionship You are my harbor I have nowhere to go I have nothing to achieve Your aliveness keeps me alive My eyes dream my eyes desires Your appearance every second My nights of sleep are filled up with you My dreams are made upon you My eternal life is occupied by you My loving heart Every second of my life I love you a sextillion time I love you so deeply I love you so deeply I love you so deepl